What do I need to do before travel to Jiangsu?
2011-12-27 10:45:00

Visa and Other Regulations

What documentations do I need to have for traveling in Jiangsu?
- It is necessary to have a passport, valid for at least three months after your visit to China.

What do I need to have to apply for a visa?
- To apply for a tourist visa (Type L), you need an application form, an ID photo and a valid passport. It takes about seven working days for an application to be processed.

What type of visa do I need to have?
- Most people only need to apply for a single-entry visa, which is usually valid for three months after the issue date and will permit you to stay in China for a maximum of 30 days.

Should I need to apply for visa again after leaving and re-entering Jiangsu?
- Yes, you need to apply for a double- or multiple-entry visa when you need to leave and re-enter Mainland China.

Money and Currency

Where can I change my money into your currency?
- You can exchange traveler's checks or cash at most banks, and most hotels in cities. The exchange rate in the hotels is the same as that in the banks. To change money, you must show your passport.

Can I withdraw money with my credit card in hotels?
- Only in very few hotels can you withdraw money with your credit card. Most of the time, if you want to withdraw money with your credit card, you need to go to a branch of the Bank of China.

If I want to keep some local money as souvenir, can I do that?
- Yes, for taking out less than 6,000 RMB, you do not have to declare this at China Customs. However, if the amount is over 6,000 RMB, then you have to declare this at the China Customs prior to departure.

Trip Preparation

What's the weather like in China and what is the best season to visit?
- Generally speaking, spring is from April to June; summer from June to September; fall from September to October; while winter is from October to March. Usually it is colder and drier in the north of China in winter, and hotter and more humid in the south of China in summer. May, September and October are the best months for you to travel in China when the weather is the most pleasant all over the country.

What kind of medicine do you think I should take?
- Yes, we do suggest you take some common medicines with you, such as those for colds and flu, sore throat, coughing, diarrhea, etc. that you usually have at home.

Source:tastejiangsu.com Editor:乙姗姗